Crunchy coconut oats cookies. Simply delicious and exceptionally good with a cup of coffee.
This coconut oats cookies recipe is one of my mother’s go to recipes when she is in the mood for baking, which doesn’t happen very often so it has to be good. Every time after she baked a batch, all of the cookies had to be shared equally among our family members otherwise some would not get their fair share.Trust me those little treasure boxes filled with cookies were hidden well in rooms and cupboards.
What really makes these crunchy coconut oats cookies taste so good is the fact that it is crunchy yet just a little chewy in the middle. It is sweet, but not too sweet. After each bite you get a hint of peanut butter taste, nothing too overwhelming. Perfectly balanced in taste.
The ingredients are really simple and probably already in your grocery cupboard. To bake these coconut oats cookies also doesn’t take long since you basically just mix dry ingredients, the wet ingredients, everything together and bake.It cannot get more simple, so what are you waiting for. Watch the video below or print out this recipe and start baking.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp baking soda (dissolved in a little bit of milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Prepare baking tray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (excluding baking soda dissolved in milk).
- Beat together butter, eggs, peanut butter, baking soda dissolved in milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Form medium sized balls and lay out on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on cooling rack until completely cool before enjoying with a cup a coffee.